Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Flowers

Good morning! Today's flowers are brought to you by the color Yellow. These gems are again from my visit to Longwood Gardens earlier this fall. This Chinese Hibiscus flower was HUGE. As in bigger than my hand if I stretch my fingers apart as far as possible.

I'm not thrilled with this photo, but the orchid is to snazzy for me to delete the file.
This chrysanthemum bloom is also big, like the size of my hand. Longwood is where the famous Thousand-Bloom Chrysanthemum stuns visitors, and which I forgot to take a photo of. However, click the link to see a photo and a video.

Finally, this Abutilon sp., or Chinese Lantern, looked really lovely as a giant hanging basket. It was a nice use of this plant because usually the flowers are below eye level, meaning you see the top of the lantern. But with the hanging baskets well above our heads, we could see the usually-hidden interior.

I hope you're having a great weekend, and, if it applies, a good first half of Hanukkah!

3 comments:

  1. Today is brought to you by the color yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the color and the beautiful flowers. Yellow is one of my favorites
    If you can believe this, I have 3 beautiful tiny pink tea roses in full bloom despite the temp being in the 30's

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...