Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fruit Can Be Your Side Salad Too


"I wish someone would invent a new starch."

That was me. Last week, Mr Official Taster diagnosed me with Vegetarian Fatigue. It was pretty spot on. I was tired and uncreative regarding dinners. I don't know if you've had this problem, but it's kind of annoying. My go-to formula has been a grain (rice, pasta, quinoa, potatoes, etc) with a vegetable in some sort of sauce-like concoction plus a spinach salad with toppings du jour. On some days, a muffin or some fresh bread might spice up the menu.

Anyway, I've been slowly climbing out (a fun trip helped!) of the hole, and one of my revelations was that fruit salad is a legitimate alternative to salad-salad, especially if you've already added some spinach and stuff to your pasta sauce.

So today isn't really a recipe, but rather a suggestion: add some fruit to your dinner, especially now that it's so readily available. Play with combinations of bananas, berries, kiwis, grapes, melons, citrus...you know, fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...