Friday, May 31, 2013

The Bakery Chronicles

Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

People, I can't make this stuff up.

Actual conversation with customer:

Me: Can I help you?
Her: Do you have any vegan cupcakes?
Me: Yes, right now we just have these chocolate ones.
Her: Oh, you don't have any other flavors? 
Me: No, I'm sorry. We're all out at the moment. 
Her: ok, well, I guess I'll just take one of these then [pointing at a really pretty, though not vegan, cupcake]
Me: You know that kind's not vegan, right?
Her: It's my friend's birthday, but she doesn't like chocolate that much. This will be fine.
Me: We do have slices of vegan vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. What about one of those?
Her: oh, yes! Where?
[we move to a different case and I point out the cake slices]
Her: oh, but they're so white
Me: Well, they're vanilla.
Her: Yes, but they're so pale. I'll take that other one.

Do you bang your head against walls (or counters) at work? I think about it sometimes, and, people, this was certainly one of them. How else besides white and pale should vanilla cake look?

Sadly, this isn't even the first time someone has completely ignored the birthday girl's diet/allergies/whathaveyou. Do they think they get points for effort? Does spending $4 on a [jumbo+fancy] cupcake that the birthday girl can't eat somehow win one points? Because if it does, I think we can turn that into a marketable thing. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...