Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekend Reading

Getting dressed

Happy weekend! I hope you all had a good week. In this little corner of the world, I shared my Sangria Fruit Ice Cream and a round up of recipes for this Memorial Day weekend.

A big congratulations to my sister-in-law, who graduated today with her MBA. Such an accomplishment! Also this weekend, I get to hang out with one of my favorites and her husband, as well as the parents-in-law, who are in town for the big graduation. I spent a good amount of time baking today! We now have fresh bread, strawberry crisp, and some coffee cake in the fridge ready to stick in the oven tomorrow morning.

Besides general hanging out and celebrating, I'm also planning a field trip to Fioli. It's a beautiful estate, which includes gardens and a mansion (I'm remembering three huge, drool-worthy kitchens) to stand in awe of. I'm sure some photos will make it to my Instagram.

What are you up to this weekend?

End-of-market bounty

Onto links!

The New York Times has a drink generator. Choose your style, spirit, and setting and it provides you with an appropriate recipe. Fun!

36 historic photos that have been realistically colored - the process really makes them feel more vibrant and relevant.

National Geographic has a water calculator that helps you see the size of your water footprint. Not eating meat makes a huge difference!

A smart restauranteur responds to customer demand that servers "show some skin."

Red wine and chocolate may not be the magical superfoods that will save and change your life, but I'll keep them on my menu anyway.

Minimalist Baker came up with a way to make cashew-less vegan queso using eggplant.

I had no idea kids as young as 12 work (legally!) in tobacco fields. That needs to stop.

Have you heard of Narratively? They have a theme each week and articles and stories about that theme are posted each day. They are well-written, insightful, and interesting.

On success.

Part 1 and Part 2 of Local Kitchen Blog's series on sugar, the science behind it, and why it might not be the devil.

The most honest RSVP ever.

10 things that people who love their lives are doing differently. I love the point about not answering the "what do you do?" question with a work answer.

Did you know Ruth Reichl has a new book out? I'm next on the waiting list at the library and am itching to get started.

Maple Lemonade with Peaches and Thyme. Yuummmmmmmmmmm

For more great reads, check out all weekend reading posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...