Friday, November 26, 2010

Round Up of Kitchen Gifts

While many people choose to wake up early, stampede into stores, and wait in line to pay for their bargains, my plan for Black Friday is always to stay inside. Avoid driving anywhere if possible, and, no matter what, avoid the mall. I like to give homemade gifts when I can and when I think they are a good match to the recipient, and usually my homemade gifts are in the form of food. It only makes sense for people like us- those who read and write about food, like cooking, and are even pretty good at it. So for our own short and sweet Black Friday, I have a round up of ideas for holiday gifts from your kitchen. Bon appetit!

First, the obvious, Short and Sweets

From Real Simple

From The Kitchn

From Craft


Paperwhites from NadiaKnows


Edible ornaments, boxes, votives, placecards, etc. from King Arthur Baking

Canned Apple Pie Filling from Skip to My Lou

Pie in a Jar (many places to find this one) here from Not Martha

Orange Marmalade from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories


All the In A Jar Recipes you could ever want

And for a little humor, what NOT to get the cook on your list

Paperwhite photo courtesy NadiaKnows

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful compilation of sources. So much to think about doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question is, what will you do?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...