Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tea Party


Did you know that it's really, really hard to find glass pitchers with lids? I needed a new iced tea pitcher, and I wanted to avoid plastic because, well, it's plastic and all that entails. I don't drink anything that comes in those nice glass half gallon jars (they're sort of rectangular shaped) to repurpose, and nothing suitable in my cabinets. I looked around at multiple stores, online and in person, with no luck. The best option (unless any of you lovely people have a better idea) was a litre-sized carafe found at my neighborhood thrift stores. with a plastic cup on top to keep out the bugs. 

Why is a glass pitcher with a lid such a crazy idea? It seems very logical to me, especially with the research about BPAs and the overall superiority of glass to plastic. 

So I just thought I'd share the ghetto tea party that's happening on our balcony right now. Mr. Hibiscus, who has miraculously survived Seattle, carafe 'o tea, and Buddy. He likes the sun. 

Cake fun coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I actually have the perfect glass container with a lid....bought it 20 years ago in mexico and i love it....they are hard to find. I use mine for sun tea too,...nad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...