Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple Summer Supper - Vegan Avocado Sandwiches


It's summer (almost everywhere), so if it's too hot to cook, or you're too lazy tired after a long day, these no cook open face avocado sandwiches are a great solution. The best part is that you can pair the avocado with whatever you happen to have available. I combined mine with bbq sauce, hummus, and some romesco sauce.


Because there are so few of them, each ingredient really counts, so use good crusty bread and nice ripe, flavorful avocados.


These were really satisfying, especially when I followed them with the first peaches of the season. 

3 comments:

  1. I will be making this for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good choice! I only used one avocado total- I just spread out the goodness

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. let me know what toppings you use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...