Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Reading

all tucked in

Good afternoon! I hope you're having a good/fun/relaxing/productive/happy/rejevenating/what-you-need weekend. Yesterday I took a good long afternoon nap in my dark bedroom and then slept another twelve hours last night. Apparently, I was tired. I'm a bit slow out of the gate today, but I've still got some interesting reading for you. What are you up to?

Can Millet Take On Quinoa? First, It'll Need A Makeover  Is millet the next big thing?

A good comparative photo essay of what a week of groceries looks like in different countries. The spectrum is pretty amazing.

Name changing in the digital age can be daunting. I'm glad I didn't try. 

Speaking of women online, Lauren Mayberry has things to say.

I have never heard of Greentoe before now, and I haven't tried it, but it's certainly intriguing.

How fresh is your olive oil? Apparently, that matters if you want the health benefits. 

Now that it's October (and therefore unofficial pumpkin-everything month), this Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Bourbon Whipped Cream makes my mouth water.

I like everything about the Raisin Walnut Pumpernickel Bread, except the raisins and the walnuts.

Finally, a little cuteness

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with raisins and walnuts? You can always substitute cranberries and almonds I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just generally don't like..things...in my bread. Sometimes it's ok, but you know I usually like it unsullied

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...