Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Reading

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Good morning (to those on the west coast), and happy Sunday to all! I don't know about you, but I have a lot to look forward to this week. Starting on Tuesday, I'll be off from work for a week. And I'm not going anywhere this time. Three cheers for staycations! We have a far-away friend visiting from Paris via Hawaii (I know, tough life, eh?), and my parents get here later in the week, just in time for my dad's birthday.  I have a birthday cake idea floating around my head, but I'm going to keep it there for now, so as not to jinx it. What's going on with you?

This week's interesting reads are below. What has caught your eye this week?

The best Miss America pageant ever. No, seriously.

Being religiously conservative and feminist.

Deb is a genius. Slab apple pie.

Whole wheat pumpkin pancakes look pretty amazing.

A really interesting article about selfies (a real, dictionary-approved word now, BTW) from the New York Times

Researchers tackled the age old question, "Does bacon really make everything better?" and, predictably, came up with some answers and some much tastier sounding alternatives

The case for reviving home ec.

Will someone not scared of frying things please make these for me? I would be your friend for life.

It's the last week of October, which means my October Favorites will be retired soon. See them while you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...