Saturday, November 30, 2013

Weekend Reading

Portrait of a morning

Hello and happy weekend! I hope you (Americans) had a good Thanksgiving, whether you were celebrating with friends, family, or hibernating by yourself. I had an exhausting week at work, but I'm grateful I made time to host a small gathering. And that I (finally) had a chance to sleep in this weekend. The craziness of a bakery during Thanksgiving week is my only excuse for not posting this past week, and I hope you can forgive me.

However! I do have some interesting reads and recipes for you this weekend. Enjoy, and please share what you're reading!

Awesomesauce. In 1963, an enterprising young lad asked novelists about whether symbolism in their work was intentional. Some of them actually answered.

oh my. Sweet Potato Cake with Marshmallow Frosting

A note from the other side: I'm Marrying a Feminist

Another horrible custody battle, only this one also seems to be a battle for a woman's right to move, travel, and get an education.

mmmmm the Christmas version of a root beer float

O. M. G. no, seriously.

"And compassion isn’t a sign of weakness, but a mark of civilization" A conversation about empathy for fellow humans in distress

How fun- a monthly subscription service for donating to charity. Sounds like a great Christmas present to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...