Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hello again & Weekend Reading

Christmas morning

Hi there. It's been a while. Sorry about that. December was hard and then I got sick. Everything's fine, no panicking (Mom, stop fussing, I'm fine), but the worst cold I've had in recent memory just knocked me over right after Christmas and I'm just now starting to feel like a normal human being. I even called out of work more than once, and I spent days alternately sleeping for twelve hours and laying on the couch. But the worst is behind me, I only have cough remnants, and my brain doesn't feel like dryer lint.

So hi. How's it going? What's new out there? I have some posts coming up that I really planned on sharing with you about a month ago, but, well, see above. Anywho, now that I've got my brain back, I've pulled together a list of interesting links from around the interwebs. Please share additional links in the comments!

Interesting article about a series of articles taking a fresh look at GMOs.

Are you a girl who reads? Check out this poet's ode to us. It's kind of awesome.

Cinnamon is known to help lower blood sugar, but apparently one variety is better than the rest

A worrisome and somewhat frightening look at Chinese-grown crops.

One anchor woman's retort to a bully. It's worth watching to see her stand up for herself and for lots of others

Need daydreaming material? Pretty pictures and temptation from The New York Times' list of 52 places to travel this year

Downton Abby returned this week! Take a quiz to see which character you are. I got Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham, how about you?

Looking for a new book? Here's a list of 16 books to read before the movie versions appear in theaters this year. I'm not sure I can see The Giver as a movie, though.

Looking for more good reads? Check out all my other Weekend Reading posts here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the table ready for All The Family. I, too, got Violet Crawley probably because I sincerely believe it *would* be a shame to miss a good pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *almost* ready. A few more things (like chairs and silverware) got added, and the tables got pushed together. But this arrangement made for better traffic patterns.

      haha I think I probably chose that too. She had some more good one-liners this week

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...