Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend Reading

Chocolate preview

Happy Weekend! I hope it's a good one. I've got a long list, but it feels like a happy list. It's a beautiful day here in the Bay Area, and I'm looking forward to spending some time outdoors. Well, that and chocolate.

What are you up to this weekend? Is it still snow-covered in the rest of the country, or are you starting to see signs of spring?

Onto links! Please add your own in the comments! I'd love to know what's interesting you this weekend.

This week the husband told me that the Facebook app reads text messages. It's in a new update for Android, but has been going on for some time on iPhone. Not surprisingly, it's part of the terms of service no one (including me) bothers to read, but when I found out, I uninstalled the app from my phone. Unfortunately, that means I can't automatically send Instagram photos to Facebook any more, but that seems like a small price to pay.

O.M.G. David Attenborough narrates Olympic curling and it. is. amazing.

Mr Official Taster has a weird liking of having facial hair. Maybe we could do something like this? Unfortunately he doesn't own one, much less two, dinosaur shirts.

mmmm...Clementine Margaritas

This was a bad week in Kansas AND in Arizona. Americans need to remember that every single one of us could be denied service for some reason, and every single one of us would hate it. And how stubborn it might make us.

An interesting experiment in which women get the star treatment and hate the results. I can relate- I remember getting back some headshots in my previous life and not liking them because my freckles had been erased. The face smiling back at me wasn't my own.

Nutrition is confusing.

A practical guide to picking a light bulb. I know it's not too exciting, but man are there a lot of choices.

Did you know Lincoln (yes, the president) cooked? It seems he did and now you can read about his life, his food, and how the two intertwined.

Still have jam you're trying to get through before the new canning season? Besides ice cream, here are 10 things to do with it (aside from topping toast)

Make your own peppermint patties. please? and then give me some.

Looking for more good reads? Check out all my other Weekend Reading posts.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of Short and Sweets when I read this essay on flour: http://www.handfulofsalt.com/the-big-picture-bob-klein-community-grains/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...