Saturday, June 21, 2014

Weekend Reading

my latest obsession

Happy summer! I hope you had a good week and that you're enjoying some high-quality-weekending before you begin the next one. My week at work made me tired (that's why it's called 'work' eh?), but I spent much of yesterday playing with strawberries (see photo below) and have plans for more today. This week on Short & Sweets, I talked about my week in Kauai and where we ate, vacation habits I'd like to keep, and a delicious new Strawberry Rhubarb Double Crisp to start Summer off right. What have you been up to this week?

Onto links!

Frozen coconut limeade sounds perfect for summer.

Speaking of summer, will someone make me this peach arugula grilled cheese?

In the wake of so much shooting, five practical things you can do about gun violence.

No one applauds this woman (for good reason) and what it has to say about us.

How cool is it that rhythm and dance can help people with neurological diseases?

Pantene's pithy video on #sorrynotsorry

doesn't everybody spend their days off experimenting with strawberries?
Ashton Kutcher being smart. It's kind of nice to see him that way.

Texas women are still fighting the good fight.

I don't like broccoli, but it seems that maybe I should since it may actually clear harmful chemicals out of your body.

If you find 10,000 steps a day too hard, this article about only needing 6000 per day is for you.

A new generation of "Golden Girls" embrace communal living.

Anything to add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. good use of a beautiful teacup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it worked out as well in real life as it did in my head :) The dishes are new-to-me, so it's been fun playing around with them

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...