Friday, January 22, 2010

gluten free AND vegan fudge cookies


Today was my first attempt at using gluten-free flour. I picked up some of Bob's Red Mill at Costco and decided to replace regular flour in a recipe I've made several times before. I also replaced egg whites with Ener-G egg replacer. The cookies rose as usual without the addition of xantham gum, which is usually recommended with gluten free flour. Unfortunately, the recipe calls for canola oil and I used it, forgetting (as usual) that I really don't like the taste of it. On the plus side, as they are, these cookies are gluten free, vegan, peanut free, and corn free, which is an issue for some people. Next time I'll try a different oil, but I think overall these were a success. I'll get them up on Etsy soon

Note: Short and Sweets Official Tester just stopped by and tells me that the canola oil taste is all in my head. He says they are yummy and taste like chocolate and frosting. I cede to the Official Tester on this issue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...