Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Baking


It's been a tasty 48 hours! Yesterday I found this recipe for cornbread and decided to give it a whirl. The main draw was that it didn't call for buttermilk, so I could substitute soy milk for regular milk. I got to use my new whisk (thanks, mom!), which was an added bonus. It turned out well, though next time I may try adding creamed corn as some people suggest. I think it will make it significantly moister.

Next up: Snickerdoodles! Thanks to one of my loyal Etsy buyers who reminded me I wanted to make these. Light, sweet, and cinnamony.

Finally, VEGAN HOMEMADE OREOS!! These turned out phenomenally well. I'm really excited about them because they taste delicious and are 100% vegan. You will not be disappointed with them! Order them from me :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you cool your baked goods on a cooling rack? I am in the preparation stage (i.e. thinking) of making muffins, and the recipe calls for cooling them first in the pan on a rack, then out of the pan on the rack. I have no rack. I could take one of the oven racks out an repurpose it on the countertop as a cooling rack...Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a toaster oven, pull out the wire rack in there and set it on a plate so that the edge of the plate holds the rack above the middle of the plate. That way air can circulate. If no, it's not a big deal. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then just take them out and put them on a plate to cool completely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...