Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Flowers

Good Morning! These lilies were a surprise in the backyard when we moved into our new apartment. Does anyone know what kind they are? They grow on a slim, medium-tall stalk with no leaves. A couple popped up close to one another, and then a day or so later, another peeped out about 10 feet away, followed by another 6 feet away. So I'm not sure if they are some sort of running lily (do those even exist?) or just several clumps deposited back there at some point. Ideas?
Plumeria flowers always look like the ideal, perfect flower to me. Clean lines, clear colors, and a lovely, soft fragrance if one were to stick one's nose in the center of a bloom. We have several plants; the others are pinks. One of these days I may share pictures of them.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing something called a Surprise Lily in catalogs. The leaves die down over the summer and the flower stalk shoots up all by itself in the fall. They are bulbs. I don't know the official name, but this sounds about right for what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what the plumeria flowers look like. I'll have to visit sometime when it doesn't look like a dead plant and see it in bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...