Thursday, September 9, 2010

Succulent Boxes

Longtime readers may remember my little succulent container gardens. Some of those were crying out for new homes, and Official Taster and I wanted to condense our plants and pots. In a joint project, we created wine box planters. It turns out that some of Costco's wine comes in wood boxes and customers are welcome to take the empties home. Perfect! After adding L brackets as added support, Official Taster added dirt, I wiggled all the plants free from their former homes, and he planted them in their new digs. (ha!)
I'm really happy with how they turned out, and I love that the boxes were free and a reuse. I think wine boxes would also work great with herbs, bulbs, mums, etc. You could even set potted plants in them.

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I'm really impressed by the new garden and everything that's going in it! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So clever, cute and of course... water wise! Nice addition with the L brackets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combination of succulents and the creative use of a FREEBIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! This was an easy, fun project that seems to have made a big impact. That's always gratifying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red colored hummingbird food will kill them. Make your own 4 parts water 1 part sugar ..peace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...