Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Year of Sweet Treats

I may have mentioned once or twice that a really important person got married recently. Well, I guess that makes it two important people got married. To each other.

Anyway, their wedding present (besides my wonderful presence, of course) is a year of sweetness in the form of 12 boxes of assorted cookies, fudge, and the like. Each month I'll mail their treats about the time of their wedding date- in this case, the 28th. And each month, I'll share with you what I've mailed.

We'll have to get some feedback from the bride and groom here, but I think this is an excellent idea. Personalized, sentimental, and not simply more "stuff." I mention this not to toot my own horn, but to give you a present idea, whether it be for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, or assorted winter holidays. I also like this idea because it spreads the [insert holiday here] gifts out over time. If you're not a baker or don't have the time, simply send me an email or convo me via Etsy and we can set something up.

Have you ever given anything like this or received some sort of present-of-the-month? Was it a hit?

This month's recipe is over at Smitten Kitchen. I added dried orange flavored cranberries (in tribute to the wedding colors!) and chocolate chips, both of which I mixed in finely chopped. If you haven't ever browsed her blog, do. It's humorous, pretty, and always mouth-watering.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! What a sweet year I have coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! I'm excited that I'll get a peek into the anniversary treat box each month. You might think I'd be able to see them in person, but since the groom has a sweet tooth that rivals my own, there's no guarantee there will be anything left but crumbs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...