Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Morning Flowers

Good morning! I hope you survived taxes and maybe even got a little richer. I'm one of those crazy irritating awesome people who doesn't wait until April 15 (anymore), and, I have to tell you, it's much less stressful than back in the day when I used to wait until the last moment. Inevitably, some big project or performance or anything more fun was happening at the same time, making me even less interested in figuring out just what exactly the IRS was asking of me. In any case, hopefully some flowers will start the day after on a good note!

These are photos (thanks, Pam!) of a group project I did last month. We were to decorate the display window as if it were the front window of our flower shop. Our shop name is Forget-Me-Not Flowers and Gifts, and we decided on a Spring/Easter theme. It turned out very well- we were pleased and so were our teachers. Yay!
On an unrelated note, I made another batch of the No Knead Bread I talked about in this post, but this time I used bread flour instead of all purpose, increased the yeast from 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp, and plopped the dough onto floured parchment paper instead of a towel. I lost a LOT less dough this way (last time a lot of it stuck to the towel. I mean, really stuck). I really encourage you to try this recipe! it's super easy and you get delicious bread out of it :)

This weekend, I'm aiming to try to make and photograph (and, yes, devour) some Mother's Day treats for Etsy. What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...