Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Morning Flowers


Good morning! Today's flowers are a vegetative design, like I showed you earlier, that I created with tulips, iris, and scabiosa (the light purple and sort of crinkled flowers). We were given a pile of flowers in class last night and told to make a specific design of our choosing (i.e. do something purposefully, don't just stick flowers in the oasis randomly).

I chose vegetative because I thought the flowers I had lent themselves to a very natural look. Remember, vegetative designs are supposed to look like someone took a shovelful of garden and stuck it in a pot. I really like the miniature world feeling that adding stones created- it makes me want to tunnel through the bushes like I did as a kid (or "kiddo", according to mom).


The past couple of days, I've been playing around with drying flowers, so I'll probably keep doing that over the weekend (and staring intently at my pile, willing my pansies to press faster). I'm very much in an arts-and-crafts mood, which is pretty much at odds with finals week, but I'll probably force myself to some studying as well. What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...