Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Seedlings and flowers and facebook, oh my!

Look! I've got Forget-Me-Nots blooming in my vertical garden! I was super excited when I saw them, because not only are they pretty, but they are proof that the idea works. yay! Other things are growing, too. These are Nasturiums, more Forget-Me-Nots, and some Rosemary. Also growing are Basil, Poppies, Marigolds, and Spinach.

As for flowers, when my parents were visiting, one of our outings was to the Flower Fields, which is where lots and lots and lots of Ranunculus are grown for their seeds, bulbs, and cut flowers. They closed for the season after Mother's Day, but if you're in the area next spring, they are definitely worth a vist. Nadia over at Nadia Knows Gardens did a very thorough post about her visit if you'd like to read more. I just took a pretty picture!

Finally, I now have a real Facebook url so that it's much easier to find me and become a fan. facebook.com/ShortandSweets Once you're a fan, you'll receive updates, extra info, and a link to new blog posts.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea!! I would love to do something like this in my apartment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...