Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Paint Chip Canning Labels


I mentioned the other day that I was canning this week. I did! It was fun! For inquiring minds, I made both Raspberry jam and Peach Melba jam, which is a pretty (and hopefully delicious) combination of peaches and raspberries. I've been using Well Preserved, which I like because it deals in small quantities, unlike the classic Ball book, which I also have.


These cute 4oz jars of raspberry jam are earmarked as gifts, so I wanted to dress them up a little. Apparently, these crafts got stuck in the back of my brain, so I took a trip and found samples that were both good colors and good names. The good names part was important for the fun part.


A shot glass is the perfect sized circle to trace, so traced circles onto the chips so that the names would be included, cut them out, and glued them to the lids. If I was fancy, I would have something like this to speed up the process. But cutting out circles while watching a movie was a pretty good time. 


Anyway, I'm pleased with how they turned out, and I think they look pretty all together.


How do you like to dress up gifts?

3 comments:

  1. Lucky recipients! Don't let Mr. Official Taster give you any crazy looks over your great gift ideas. The paint samples re-envisioned are homey and clever - your creativity continues to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! If I ever get around to canning I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, ladies! @EB, don't worry. Mr. OT gives me lots of crazy looks that I ignore.
    @Bobbie, you have canned! So it's within your skill set. Now you just need your garden to cooperate :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...