Thursday, June 24, 2010

$2 Pretty Project

Do you like lists? I do. A lot. But at least I don't make lists of my lists. The only downside? I constantly have little pieces of paper floating around. This project helps fix that!

When I saw this post on paper n stitch a couple weeks ago, I had one of those *slap on the forehead* "Duh!" moments. Why haven't I thought of this before?!

I didn't have a scrap of paper or fabric an appropriate size, so I went to my favorite thrift shop and found a lovely embroidered linen for $1. I have no idea what it was originally intended for (tabletop decoration?), but I love how it looks in my $1 garage sale find. Mom will be proud.

The only real change I made to the original tutorial is that I stapled the fabric to the cardboard in the frame instead of using tape. Now it's hung (please don't blame the paint color on me. I rent) and I can leave helpful To-Do lists for Official Tester, er, me.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and I bet Martha has not thought of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea.

    I have been a follower (twitter & GFC) of your blog. I just started a blog myself! I would love it if you followed me back! – Karissa
    http://www.withourbest.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea! Thanks for sharing, will have to make one up as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...