Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer

According to most Americans, summer has begun, no matter when the season officially changes. Today I'm finding it hard to disagree. The sun is shining, the sky is a perfect blue with a few ethereal pure white clouds, and the scent of the jasmine vine on the back porch is wafting through my home. It's probably a remnant of childhood, but the beginning of summer always feels like something wonderful will start. It's been hibernating over the winter and uncurling this spring, but, now, it's ready to really begin.

What is it?

I have no idea.

Summer has always been a time of exploration, a time to stretch my wings, and a time to see what the world has to tell me. I spent months away from home perfecting my technique for many summers, I wandered around Paris, and drove across the country. Each adventure provided a chance to learn, to see, and to wonder.

A few weeks ago, I was confident that starting a new path through the plant world was right. I love flowers! It should be a perfect fit. Last week I was going through some old clippings, papers, magazines, etc. sorting and discarding. I have been collecting recipes and food related tidbits since I've been collecting things. Oh sure, there's flowers in there too, but food, food is everywhere. What's a girl to do?

While there are no lightening bugs here to light my way, I have my web of friends and family always ready to provide a glimmer of an idea, a laugh, or a listen. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Until I find that path through the woods, I will have a fresh peach for breakfast each morning and then explore what the day has to offer.

I recommend you do the same.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps combining these two interests with your obvious talent for writing is the way to go.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're mom has something here. Did I tell you about the amazing cake I saw at work recently - decorated with real live and dried flowers. pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. ~Chinese Proverb
    Thought you would like this quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Friday flowers! Your cakes look amazing. You are ceative and artistic and crafty...do you take after your Aunt Isabel?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...