Saturday, August 31, 2013

Weekend Reading

Aggressive Cuddling


Good morning, and happy Labor Day Weekend! I hope you, too, have some aggressive cuddling in your future. It does a body good- pass it on.

You all are probably way ahead of me here, but have you watched Sherlock at all? It is good. And each episode is a whopping hour and a half, so it feels really full and juicy. I started watching it on Netflix this week, and I know I'm going to be super sad when I get to the end of their inventory. Have you come across any good tv lately?

Anyway, onto links:
Mark Bittman on how to make jam and that not all industrial food is evil. That second one feels like it ends kinda soon, but still worth a read.

Canning inspiration from Northwest Edible Life's Can-o-rama 2013. Holy. Smokes.

Salmonella in spices? oh dear.

Looking for some new Pinspiration? The Kitchn suggests 13 boards you should follow for mouthwatering food and drink. Of course, I'm partial to mine

From The Huffington Post a list of 9 ingredients to add a boost of nutrition to your next meal

For the smartphone addicts, a short film you must watch. And then put your phone away for the weekend.

An interesting look at fertility and infertility in Africa from PRI's The World

An easy way to do some good and help low income folks eat better with a text.

Finally, here's what looks super yummy to me right now:
--Butterscotch Pudding Popsicles
--Caprese Mac 'n Cheese
--Fig, Brie, and Caramelized Onion Pizza
--Homemade Kahlua
--Small Batch Cinnamon Rolls

Anything you want to share with the class?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked butterscotch pudding! I like it, but I don't think I've ever served it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...